"Unable to load "xxx": torrent is not valid bencoding!"

hpape

Since updating UTorrent to the latest version, it seems, none of my RSS feeds are working.  I can download no issues directly but not one of my RSS feeds work.  I don't know if this is just a coincidence but it worked without issue for the longest time and only suddenly stopped working.  I get the error when I try to manually download a file from the feed itself.

Most of my feeds are from Kick Ass Torrents but there are a few others as well and it seems that none are working.  I can see all my feeds correctly when I open them in a browser window but the error persists.

I'm running Windows 10 and uTorrent 3.4.4 Build 40911

Any suggestions?

Since updating UTorrent to the latest version, it seems, none of my RSS feeds are working.  I can download no issues directly but not one of my RSS feeds work.  I don't know if this is just a coincidence but it worked without issue for the longest time and only suddenly stopped working.  I get the error when I try to manually download a file from the feed itself.

Most of my feeds are from Kick Ass Torrents but there are a few others as well and it seems that none are working.  I can see all my feeds correctly when I open them in a browser window but the error persists.

I'm running Windows 10 and uTorrent 3.4.4 Build 40911

Any suggestions?

I am now having the same problem. I have uTorrent 3.1.2 and have this http://kat.cr/tv/?rss=1 for Kickass TV shows RSS feed.

Now it has been working just fine till this morning.

So when I select the torrent I want to download I click the start download button and then after a few seconds I get this error message " torrent is not a valid bencoding" and this happens on all the 25 torrents in the feed. BUT if I go to Kickass's site using Firefox and open the torrent in a new tab then click on the download button I get the option to open with, uTorrent (default), or Save File so I slect open with click OK and off we go to uTorrent where the window opens that allows me to select what I want to download from the torrent. When I select what I want I click OK and it starts to download.

So why is it not downloading from the RSS feed that is loaded inside uTorrent? I have deleted the RSS feed and re-entered it but still cannot download... oh the RSS feed does update I just cannot download anything from it.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE....UPDATE..... I have just downloaded BitTorrent and had the same problem then tried Vuze Bittorrent Client and it WORKS like a new one so far no problems.

So looks like goodbye to uTorrent.

post-279814-0-77170700-1441856520_thumb.

How come it works in Vuze? Maybe the client needs "know" how to handle indirect RSS links?

Anyways, the link is (for example):

https://kat.cr/usearch/ubuntu/?rss=1

and -

http_://torcache.net/torrent/09177184B190E3B5E4D87C57330C2058F12290C1.torrent?title=[kat.cr]how.to.install.linux.ubuntu.server

Where it downloads perfectly if you use "Add torrent from URL" , so I am guessing  uTorrent is not smart enough to detect the correct "Media" links in the KAT RSS feeds, now that they have started using torrentcache...

Can you try please again with the older version ? Maybe the KAT site changed something? You can find the old exe under ./updates

Well I downloaded the exe for uTorrent-3-1-2-Build-26821 and added the RSS from above, the same one as I am using in Vuze which works, and guess what????

It failed I just get the same error message when I try to download anything from that feed.

This is a real pain because I like uTorrent better than Vuze because it is that little too complicated to use but it works with the RSS feed so I will have to keep using it.

...and guess what????...

Yes, I've guessed it... ;) Most likely KAT changed the feed-links and the way they access torrent files (using indirect torrentcache now). So, I guess uTorrent is just  not programmed for handling such links in RSS feeds, and Vuze is.

Maybe you should contact KAT admin, and ask him to change it back...  :)

Archived