Malware

Kachero

There seems to be malware that attempts to launch the site sso.antbr.com through utorrent. I have a working antivirus and installed malwarebytes to attempt to solve this, and while they block the launch, the infection persits. Anyone know how I could get rid of the malware? Please help!!!

When MalwareBytes stops the launch of the site, the pop up indicates that the programme trying to launch sso.antbr.com is utorrent.exe. I uninstalled utorrent and tried to use Deluge instead and the same thing happened; leading me to think that the malware somehow rides on bittorrent clients, much like the malware that affects browsers. I should add as well that another alert I constantly get is the attempt by utorrent (and deluge before) to launch tracker.tvunderground.org.ru.

Any Ideas as to how I can get rid of the malware?

On 3/16/2016 at 8:23 AM, Kachero said:
8 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

If it's happening regardless of client, look into the torrents you're downloading.

And also consider that malwarebytes may be falling into "overparanoid" territory.

Thank you DreadWingKnight. I deleted all downloads and that seems to have worked!!

Archived