Protocol Encryption

Klaus_1250

Yeah, I am seeing terrible pings when I turn on utorrent, even with encryption. I just upgraded to 1.6

Funny thing, I hadn't noticed this a few weeks ago.

There has got to be something we can do, we are paying for this bandwidth for pete's sake. I hate these corporate megaopolies, the government needs to step in. I smell a class action lawsuit due to the buyer not getting what they are paying for.

And when you don't have the option to simply "choose a diffrent provider", that is when the courts need to get invloved.

F.

First, I don't have an issue with being capped. The problem lies at the other end. If my ISP doesn't cap, but the person's ISP to / from which I download/upload does, I still get lower speeds. I'm more worried about traffic shaping protocol encrypted traffic in general. Not good for swarm speeds.

@kuruhasi: If they recognize BT-encryption headers, it means that the can shape / rate limit the connection. Traffic Shapers only look at a small portion of traffic, they don't analyze every bit of every packet.

Yeah, I am seeing terrible pings when I turn on utorrent, even with encryption. I just upgraded to 1.6

And what encryption has to do with the pings?

If you are saturating your connection by any p2p its obvious your ping are getting worse.

If they recognize BT-encryption headers, it means that the can shape / rate limit the connection. Traffic Shapers only look at a small portion of traffic, they don't analyze every bit of every packet.

Only headers encryption was earlier version of encryption protocol used in BitComet, or in Azureus.

uTorrent doesn't use it.

I heard if you set the Encryption to "Forced" your speed rates get reduced...but if you only set it to "Enabled" you are putting yourself at risk.

It seems that you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

Million dollar question: Should Protocol Encryption be Enabled or Forced?

Archived