Connection ID Missmatch

Kwai_Chang_Kain

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dhruvdave said:

This happens because of change of IP address whenever my internet server restarts my IP address changes.So restarting u torrent solves the problem

I highly doubt that is true - I've done that many times and I have no problem connecting with utorrent. So unless you can show some data showing that this is alot of IP myth. I have proxy set but your IP will connect regardless.

On 9/21/2016 at 9:29 PM, Kwai_Chang_Kain said:

Thanks for the replies, the best & easiest solution I found was to use a different client. Problem solved lol :D

5 hours ago, Dhruvdave said:

Same here switch to different client vuze

Both tells us nothing and help nothing. If you want help post the needed information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/7/2016 at 5:19 PM, mU$!c inc. said:

I'm having the same exact problem. Hopefully this thread contains all of the right info to solve it, oh that's right...no one here cares about the problem I'm having. Yeah, ok...whatev.

FIX:

Fist thing I did was stopped the torrent I was DLing. Then I tried DreadWingKnight's advice by entering "advanced", and set bt.randomize_peer_id to false, started the torrent, all trackers then switched to Unknown, but i think that was because of my killswitch preventing internet communication (basically disconnected net).

Next, I reconnected to net. Again, stopped the torrent, entered "advanced",  and set bt.randomize_peer_id back to true.

Then, completely exit μTorrent® Pro 3.4.8 (build 42449) (in my case), until you can no longer see uTorrent.exe*32 listed under Task Manager's "Processes" tab. Then simply open μTorrent® again, and click "Start Torrent".

You're All Welcome.

@ Dhruvdave P.S. You might be on to something there, this worked flawlessly for me. I have indeed confirmed that this issue is caused by an IP change. Everytime my device's IP changes I get "Connection ID Missmatch" when I start a torrent.

Problem solved, now I'm Batman :D

@ DreadWingKnight you should investigate this. It is quite common.

Another confirmation that the Connection ID mismatch error is a direct result of the client's IP address changing. While this may or may not be possible, the fact remains that when I switch VPN servers, my machine's effective IP address changes. After doing this I get the Connection ID mismatch until I quit uTorrent and restart it. I've not tested this exhaustively enough to determine if it happens with all trackers or only some.

Archived