maddock34

Creating a private torrent to move several large files between my desktop and my laptop, I have local peer discovery enabled on both clients however on the receiving machine it says "DHT: Not Allowed, Local Peer Discovery: Not Allowed, Peer Exchange: Not Allowed". I'm not sure how to resolve this or what could be causing it. The desktop is using Win7 and uTorrent 1.7.7 (the latest approved version for a site I'm using). The laptop is Win10 and is using the most recent stable release.

Why are you not using HomeGroups that would be fast to move files between computers. Your making this harder then it really is. If both are Windows Vista and higher Homegroups makes network transfer easier then doing it from torrents. So this is not related to utorrent and goes beyond the scope of utorrent.

18 hours ago, maddock34 said:

Because of the oh so helpful Windows 10 bug "windows cannot setup a HomeGroup on this computer" (both creation and joining)

Then this is a Windows support issue not a utorrent issue. I have Windows 7 and my homegroup network works just fine.

Archived