Possible problem with ports

Orientation

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum.

I've been using uTorrent for ages. I don't know if I have always had this problem, but recently I realized a few things:

I can upload/download at high speed rates (dl at 1 Mb, for instance) but not always. There's this seed I seem to fail to connect with in 3 different torrents, there's no connection at all or I might download briefly a couple of megas. The status are: uDS P, and DS EP in the other two torrents.

Another thing is I have more than 70 torrents active, and in some of the ones I'm seeding, the tracker status goes like: "not authorized; too many seeding peers by this account. max=20" and the torrent appears as red. On the other hand, when the tracker status is "working" the torrent appears as green (I have 3.4.9 version).

I have checked the ports in uTorrent by going to Options, Setup Guide and then I run the test. Result is something like: "Ports are closed, however you can still download". But when I used the PortForwarding PortChecker Tool, it says the port is open (both for TCP and UDP). I had manually opened the ports previously by: Setting a static IP, assigning static IP to the Router, opening ports in the router and finally unblocking firewall in the router for the opened ports.

Well, these are the problems I saw so far. If anyone is able to help me I'll be more than glad.

Regards.

Thanks for advice. I went to the queue settings. I changed the maximum number of active torrents from 50 to 20, nothing. Then I stopped a bunch of torrents, right now I only have 4 downloads and 9 completed torrents shared. Again, nothing.

I changed ports. I was using 36000, then got a random port in the "connection" tab, 22317. Opened it in my router. What's funny is that I checked it afterwards with PortChecker tool, both the new and the old ports. Old was not reachable, new one was opened. But the uTorrent test says it's closed. The icon next to the android one is now red, before it was green at times then changed to red as well.

In any case, I'm still unable to download from that specific IP which is sharing parts for 3 torrents, as I mentioned before.

Maybe it's something with the settings, or do you think it's the port?

I recently downloaded something like 9 Mb from that Ip and it stopped working again. In the last session I had download 30+ Mb until it stopped, and so on.

I think it's similar to this case, since I'm also on a private tracker:

https://forum.utorrent.com/topic/104309-constant-stopping-and-restarting-torrents-needed-to-maintain-upload-activity/

Is there a way to solve it?

3 hours ago, Orientation said:

I recently downloaded something like 9 Mb from that Ip and it stopped working again. In the last session I had download 30+ Mb until it stopped, and so on.

I think it's similar to this case, since I'm also on a private tracker:

https://forum.utorrent.com/topic/104309-constant-stopping-and-restarting-torrents-needed-to-maintain-upload-activity/

Is there a way to solve it?

That isn't a utorrent problem as well. This becomes a IP and your problem to resolve.

20 hours ago, Orientation said:

Did it already. He has no idea why this happens either.

Well then find a better torrent that works. If they have no idea that should give a heads up to drop that torrent and get rid of it and find one that works.

Archived