uTorrent causes BSOD

nanx

Hi. I'm having this problem since I installed uTorrent. Right now I'm using v.1.6 but it happened with 1.5 too. The thing is, after being downloading for a while I get a warning from Zonealarm that uTorrent is trying to send an e-mail. I refuse, since it doesn't make sense to me and immediately a BSOD appears stating that an error ocurred in TCPIP.SYS. I already tried in succession the LvlLord patch, Port Forwarding in Zonealarm and disabling DHT network in uTorrent settings to no avail. When I'm not using uTorrent the BSOD doesn't happen, even if I'm connected all day. I'm currently using a D-Link DSL302-T modem. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for your response. I did see the FAQ thing about the Zonealarm report, I only mentioned it because it always happens just before the BSOD. I don't dare to uninstall Zonealarm as my PC would almost immediately be overun by hackers (it happened before!). Also, I didn´t install any drivers for my modem as it doesn't need them. It's connected by an ethernet cable and I access the settings with a browser. I can't find anything new anyway be it drivers or firmware...

• 1 month later...

Archived