Windows ran out of memory.

Lolobot

This is an error that is alive for forever years. And I got it right now. I've got a billion torrent files (9k, yes) in a "stop" condition so I don't download anything. My utorrent program uses 1gb (!) of my ram (12 gb) and crashes with this mistake. The questions are why and what can I do to prevent this? I tried deleting setting files and it didn't help. I tried to start utorrent as administrator and it didn't work. Although I have 9k torrent downloads, I don't think that it's an issue, cause this error appeared "randomly" throughout my utorrent "career". HELP.

16 minutes ago, Lolobot said:

This is an error that is alive for forever years. And I got it right now. I've got a billion torrent files (9k, yes) in a "stop" condition so I don't download anything. My utorrent program uses 1gb (!) of my ram (12 gb) and crashes with this mistake. The questions are why and what can I do to prevent this? I tried deleting setting files and it didn't help. I tried to start utorrent as administrator and it didn't work. Although I have 9k torrent downloads, I don't think that it's an issue, cause this error appeared "randomly" throughout my utorrent "career". HELP.

Very little information for anyone to go on to know what is even going on.

The notable thing is that this mistake mainly appears when I close the program (exit) and none of my downloads from a current session are saved. Normally, when I close utorrent, it starts to use a lot of additional ram to shutdown itself, obviously, but when this problem is about to appear, utorrent doesn't use almost any ram and just shuts down with this ugly mistake popping out. I have a windows 7. A lot of free ram, of course. Is there any information that I can give more?

23 hours ago, Lolobot said:

The notable thing is that this mistake mainly appears when I close the program (exit) and none of my downloads from a current session are saved. Normally, when I close utorrent, it starts to use a lot of additional ram to shutdown itself, obviously, but when this problem is about to appear, utorrent doesn't use almost any ram and just shuts down with this ugly mistake popping out. I have a windows 7. A lot of free ram, of course. Is there any information that I can give more?

I had Win7 with 300 torrents and had no issue closing down the app and when I went to Win10 with the same torrent migrated had no issues closing down the torrent as well. So I think your overloading your torrent of which is why it takes so long to close and could lead to errors trying to close when you exit. Maybe you should limit the amount that is active to see what happens when you close to find out where the problem is coming from.

Archived