restart of modem

Rks123

Hi,

I am facing a problem for the last 2 days.

I am using Windows 7 ultimate and dlink modem adsl. The utorrent version 3 was working fine till last week.My laptop was opened up for hinge issues on Wednesday and was returned by the service centre on the same day. Now everytime I am starting utorrent the modem restarts itself. When not using utorrent I am able to access internet and download big files. Not sure why this happened. Changed MTU setting to 1460(as mentioned in some other post),reinstalled completely with version 3 and 2 but no help. Changed max connections to 30 and all other stuff. I am still facing issues.

Please help. Not sure why this happened. Is this something with ISP. I am using bsnl.

What are the instruction Dlink provide to access your router? If your router is reseting then I would surmise it getting to old and resetting because it can't handle the traffic. Are you directly connected to the router from your computer? This makes a difference if your not connected this way you will have a harder time access it's settings.

Archived