Eravail

Eravail Althanai

To keep it simple, I need a way to stop uTorrent from storing .torrent files into the directory, this laptop will ban anything with the word/file extension, ".torrent" in it, and since the program automatically stores any torrent you go to download in the name "[Unknown].torrent", I am unable to download using the program. Which sucks. :/ and I'm not into those online torrent download sites that ask for premium. The torrent size is 14gb. The only way I was able to actually install uTorrent was by renaming it to Zebra.exe, something like that. This laptop literally just bans anything with the name "torrent" in it. :')

On 5/20/2017 at 10:56 PM, Eravail Althanai said:

To keep it simple, I need a way to stop uTorrent from storing .torrent files into the directory, this laptop will ban anything with the word/file extension, ".torrent" in it, and since the program automatically stores any torrent you go to download in the name "[Unknown].torrent", I am unable to download using the program. Which sucks. :/ and I'm not into those online torrent download sites that ask for premium. The torrent size is 14gb. The only way I was able to actually install uTorrent was by renaming it to Zebra.exe, something like that. This laptop literally just bans anything with the name "torrent" in it. :')

First that isn't your laptop to do for your personal usage that is your institution laptop and by that you agreed to their TOS. So asking for such help will get lectured on TOS usage. Those laptop were provided you for a specific reason and only that if you want to download and mess with torrents do that on your own computer. If they find torrents usage on their laptop consider yourself being shown the door.

Archived