Delete job from list after it's been downloaded

ka81

Hello!

Could you please help me to find (if it exists) the option to make this:

click on *.torrent, in uTorrent job is appeared and started to downloading, then it's downloaded andd status is green (seeding). I want that job to be removed from list (from uTorrent) after files are downloaded.

Can it be done?

Am i reading you right? You want to control what you do with a torrent that you downloaded in µTorrent? in this case delete the finished torrent {and i presume keep the completed file?}  Assuming, you have the latest version and, you are in the "torrent" tab and not any of the other the sub-tabs like: download or completed, AND YOU CAN SEE A COMPLETE LIST OF YOUR TORRENTS, Then you just right click on any torrent in the torrent list and choose, out of all the options, what you do with it. including:  remove, pause, stop, start etc.  so long as you know where they are downloaded you can finish the job by deleting the torrent or open containing folder to bring up explorer with your completed file/torrent etc i advise you confirm torrent is 100% downloaded before you delete it.   All torrents will remain in the system folders of µTorrent until they are clean out by the tools you may or may not use to clean with but the torrent will be inactive

Does this answer your question? or have i misunderstood you?

sorry i misunderstood you and i am not that clever to do remote stuff so but mike20021969 states this

"I think ka81 is looking for an automatic option to remove the torrent (once it's completed downloading) which there isn't"

i cant add to that as i said i am not familiar enough with that stuff.

• 1 month later...

Just click "downloading" in the left hand side bar, to filter the list to only torrents that are downloading status?

ps: stopping/removing a torrent immediately after it has downloaded(==exited the "downloading" state) is selfish (== asshole behaviour). at least upload as many bytes as you download (1.0 ratio). if everyone stopped/removed a torrent when d/l finished, sharing would fail. you can use uT options to auto stop a torrent after it reaches share ratio 1.0, but please don't set it lower than that

5 hours ago, cjard said:

ps: stopping/removing a torrent immediately after it has downloaded(==exited the "downloading" state) is selfish (== asshole behaviour). at least upload as many bytes as you download (1.0 ratio).

I'm sure there's many users that won't have unlimited broadband usage so they have to limit what they upload/download per month.

It may also depend on what content is being shared.

Many "download then go" rather than risk getting caught "uploading" certain content.

It's uploaders who are most at risk of prosecution when it comes to torrenting. Downloaders mainly get warnings.

Archived