Rar files not opening in Utorrent

Swash893

I am trying to download dictionary files called Epwings from media fire.

The opening box displays the option for utorrent. I click open with utorrent.

The files begin downloading in the browser, but nothing is happening in the utorrent program.

I tried to read about this. I accessed the preferences and "associate with torrent files" is greyed out, indicating that they are associated.

I read a technical post about magnet links, but I am not acquainted with what they were talking about.

I also downloaded winRar, which I think is an extraction tool for this type of file.

I changed the the downloading program to winrar as that showed as the default program to use, and even had the winrar logo displayed.

When the download completed, an error message occured and the files could not be opened.

I cannot paste a screenshot here which is annoying. The link to the files: <munched by admin, don't link content please>

Many thanks in advance for your time addressing this issue.

That is actually useful to know, many thanks!

I will try again with WinRar.

The reason why I got confused is that I was following a tutorial on youtube, in which he advised using a torrent client.

He had utorrent selected but in the background I noticed winrar was running. He is confusing people with this.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:49 PM, Swash893 said:

That is actually useful to know, many thanks!

I will try again with WinRar.

The reason why I got confused is that I was following a tutorial on youtube, in which he advised using a torrent client.

He had utorrent selected but in the background I noticed winrar was running. He is confusing people with this.

Not a utorrent problem if you follow wrong directions.

Archived