Slow browsing while downloading

P1x44r

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Thought I'd mention that I have had this problem for the past year. Figured out yesterday it's nod32 slowing things up. It happens because nod32 has a real time web browser monitoring function and utorrent is set as a browser.

For instructions on how to correct this with all versions of nod32 Please visit:

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=uTorrent%20and%20NOD32

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

ermi, you are my god man!!!

Actually the real problem is hiding in TCPIP.SYS.

You can use this link for dl:

http://www.lvllord.de/

And don't worry about old date - 2006. The file is 100 % working.

When you are asked about.. "do you really want to change the limit to 10 or 50" you go for 5000. I'm with 5000 atm and I don't have problems at all! Maybe sometime I can try 50 000.

I'm with XP Service pack 3. It's working here. So if anyone else have the same problem, lets first try this one. I'm pretty sure it'll save you a lot of internet problems! : )

Thanks to ERMI!!!! RESPECT DUDE!!!

/i.

Even net.max_halfopen = 400 is retarded.

net.max_halfopen only counts outgoing TCP (and possibly Teredo/IPv6) peer/seed connection attempts. It doesn't count *ANY* incoming connections or outgoing uTP connections or outgoing DHT traffic.

Incidentally, that does count tracker updates...because they are outgoing TCP connections, unless you're using udp trackers.

• 2 months later...

eh, weirdly enough, one of my hdd's vanished after using this program..?

I don't see how it could be related, but it happened.. I'm gonna try to reverse what the program did and see if it brings it back. :(

update: Yup, restoring the old tcpip.sys oddly enough fixed it, my beloved hdd is back!

• 1 month later...

I have a problem browsing while downloading even a single file. Often I can not browse at all while downloading. uTorrent has always worked perfectly on this PC and I have tried most of the troubleshooting and setting adjustsments I find in this forum. The ones that were not completely beyond me anyway. I'm using v2.04, IE8, Windows 7 x64, Motorola cable modem, Linksys WRT310N router and AVG free. When I test with pingtest.net I get an "A". The same test while downloading in uTorrent gets an "F" and usually I can't even get the test to complete. Thank you for any help.

Archived