How much of an upgrade is 3.5.5 over 2.2.1?

Hitesh12

I have been on 2.2.1 for quite some time and I love it. Ignoring the issues in 3.5.5, I would like to know the best upgrades it offers over 2.2.1.

There are some things that I miss in 2.2.1 that are available in other torrent clients. Does 3.5.5 address any of these?-

1. Better watch folder options - In 2.2.1, I can automatically load torrents from 1 folder, and that folder is the current download folder. I want something like qbittorrent where you can load torrents from multiple folders to multiple respective download folders. So like torrents from folder 1 are stored in folder A, folder 2 in folder B and so on.
  2. Tracker list on the side panel - 2.2.1 doesn't have this. I would love to have this, I can quickly filter torrents from a specific tracker.
  3. "Time active" column - qbittorrent has this. Does 3.5.5?

There are more, but this gives an idea of what I'm looking for. I know I can install 3.5.5 myself and test it out but I don't want to mess up my current perfect setup.

>I don't want to mess up my current perfect setup

Put your perfect settings.dat file in a new folder with uT exe (or better - a blank file) , and try it out. It will NOT mess up anything since it will run as  "standalone" there.

Main improvement are security related.

• 1 month later...

Keep using 2.2.1 I am on 2.0.4 every since I tried v3 and it caused torrent issues. Switched back to 2.0.4 and have no problem or malware ads trying to get through. As to the Security improvement in v3 and newer is what I called a DownGrade. Unless your torrenting files from black sites I doubt you have much to worry.

Archived