When I save a .torrent file utorrent automatically opens it

oliver345

This is not a big problem, mostly annoying. Also, it mostly is not a utorrent problem, I think, but you might be able to help.

When I want to open a torrent in utorrent (v2.2.1, build 25302) I just click it. Sometimes, I want to save it, but even then, utorrent automatically opens it. This happens only with chrome but not with Firefox.

Is there a way to make chrome not open a .torrent file with utorrent when I am just saving it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, DreadWingKnight said:

We don't provide support for 2.2.1 anymore.

True but how to load torrents from which Browser we can still advise on. Chrome for some reason likes to load torrent files even though it doesn't download it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 4:55 AM, PiusX said:

Chrome isn't a good browser to use to for torrent files. It always tries to open it use FireFox instead.

Not sure where you heard that but that's not true at all. Chrome doesn't open anything by default, it's been clicked by accident.

Here is how to fix it, unlike what the other guy said it's got nothing to do with uTorrent 2.2.1 support ending and is a Chrome feature.

Just download another torrent file in Chrome and while it's still at the bottom of the screen press the arrow at the edge and untick "Always open files of this type"

torfix.png

On 11/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, Agret said:

Not sure where you heard that but that's not true at all. Chrome doesn't open anything by default, it's been clicked by accident.

Not sure where your getting your info but if you go to a torrent site and click on it in Chrome - it will try to open it rather then pass it to utorrent program. I already know this to be true using both FireFox and Chrome. Nothing was changed and FireFox does a better job at handling torrent files to pass it to utorrent.

Archived