BTT tips and explanations

xecutable

Since there are a lot of threads around here asking the same thing over and over, I've decided to shed some light to what is and what isn't. 

Over the last month and a half I've made around 278,000 BTTs seeding. Via trial and error and/or reading the white paper I've found out a bit of info. 

First and foremost nevermind the Total Earnings number since it's just a projection. Your in-app balance is what counts. Second some of the transactions can take up to 24hours so it's not uncommon to see crazy upload speeds and suspect someone is spending BTT but to NOT see anything.

Third amount of seeded GBs TBs makes no difference, you are being paid BTT when someone bids on a part of a torrent you are offering, so nvm those stats as well. As a tip, keep your upload slots low. 

With that being said here's a picture of part of my wallet transactions: Capture.thumb.PNG.3d46338a44999f7bd783b80c71158c04.PNG

For anyone who wants to further verify I'm not making stuff up :https://tronscan.org/#/address/TAaFMoCD7VU19gMd86aJGfEy4xKbBkbKA9/transfers set the IN transfers. These are all from seeding. Now according to @techster the demand for BTT went up at current price 0.007 and that's why the average earning are down. However this make no sense as you can see the picture above 54k , 9.7k 2.5k etc etc are around 21st of April.

1062970859_bttprice.PNG.90fa49d2dc027f08411555e4019db728.PNG

Look at the volume and price and from the graphs identify an uprising demand? 

And btw the Asian market is fine. Seedboxes towards the asian market still have decent earnings the EU/US are down to almost 0.  I guess that's how averages work eh?

To be honest, I'm not angry or annoyed at this, but I dislike not being told things the way they are. Tell us something that makes sense, tell us YES WE REDUCED THE INITIAL BID to 10 times less of what it was, tell us that everyone's option of SPEND BTT is now OFF, anything that actually makes sense. But don't tell us yes this is normal, cause of demand you went from roughly 9k BTT a day to 1K a week cause that's how average works.

With the On/Off switch coming 'soon' but it's been now 10 days, these types of nonsense anomalies and the speed of which we get a reply, I highly doubt this project will ever take off the way it was meant to be. I mean the white paper talked about setting bid amounts after the 'initial phase'. Two years later we are still in initial phase I guess , as these options haven't hit us.

Next time when you want the community to participate in your projects at least be opened up. And stop acting as an audience and keep telling us you are not the middle man. Yes it's a free market, yes it's a p2p, but in the same time your app caused many to burn BTTs with the option OFF and the same APP can cause tons of other issues like small to none-existing earnings.

Update: May 11th 2021:

A colleague and I ran a few experiments. One file around 40 MB hosted on an Asian seedbox, me the leecher with around 700 BTT in my wallet. According to the white paper the bid formula is: bid = (spending rate × remaining balance in BTT)/(remaining download in kilobytes). 

The first 2 tests were consistent both time I've got charged ~ 5 BTT. 

The next 2 tests were done on an EU seedbox, once through an Asian VPN and once with just like that. Keep in mind same file, nearly the same BTT in my wallet. I've got charged 75 BTT while downloading from the Seedbox through the Asian VPN, and 0.3 BTT for EU to EU. Somehow an EU bid is worth 250 times less for the same identical file with an identical amount of BTT in it.

Ran it twice more the same results. 

What are we missing ? Why is there such a huge difference over the spawn of 3-4 minutes, on the same file, from the same seeder/leecher, with the same amount of BTT in wallet, with the only difference geographic locations changed through VPN?

Wonderful topic by @xecutable. . . waiting to see the "official" "remedy" response back !

And i am still here , clueless of what these errors are meaning and how they are affecting me and "My" poor performance for the past nearly 3 weeks... 0 tokens transferred from in-app to on-chain... all the small amount of "bidded" tokens were consumed while downloading files and having the SPEED FEATURE turned OFF 24/7.

[2021-05-07 18:49:11.951] [logger] [warning] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\trongrid_client.cpp:: 385:: get account - data is empty or null - {"data":[],"success":true,"meta":{"at":1620402554947,"page_size":1}} retry 1 of 3
[2021-05-07 18:49:29.998] [logger] [warning] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\trongrid_client.cpp:: 385:: get account - data is empty or null - {"data":[],"success":true,"meta":{"at":1620402572999,"page_size":1}} retry 1 of 3
[2021-05-07 18:49:30.569] [logger] [info] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\trongrid_client.cpp::143::airdrop_contract_request
[2021-05-07 18:49:30.847] [logger] [info] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\trongrid_client.cpp::185::get_trigger_smart_contract_response: success
[2021-05-07 18:49:31.088] [logger] [info] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\trongrid_client.cpp::293::get_broadcast_message_response: failed after parsing: {"code":"CONTRACT_VALIDATE_ERROR","txid":"e7cce4712b1b29835fe6be82973800d5a2cc79e4b2f9b9b89c141898bc8862b0","message":"contract validate error : account does not exist"}

[2021-05-07 18:49:42.144] [logger] [error] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\btfs_client.cpp::167::Failed to locate a btfs client.
[2021-05-07 18:49:42.145] [logger] [error] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\btfs_client.cpp::178::Failed to call BTFS: -1

[2021-05-07 23:55:42.672] [logger] [error] x:\jenkins-workspace\workspace\token-wallet-pipeline\src\wallet_db.cpp::1783::Error: 19.

@xecutable hi sir i'm currently seeding 300 files with 200mbps/20mbps internet speed. may maximum upload seeding is 20mb/s. portforward opened.

my settings
Global connection: 500
Max connected peers per torrent: 50
Number of upload slots: 5
Past hour earnings sometimes says "No Data Available".
do i have to reconfigure my settings? my advanced settings is on default.

Your settings are fine. However if noone has BTT to spend around, nobody will get any. Our little experiment however showed otherwise for different demographics. I hope we r wrong, that there's some variable that we didn't account for. The point here is NOT give us more tokens, but give us some clarity. 

Sure, you can see from my screens above that it's possible if everything worked fine. However, and this is my own hypothesis, things stopped working fine, or at least work like they used to. @techster has told us everything is fine, nothing has changed, so my answer would be you might not even be able to cover the costs of your servers anymore. Proceed at your own risk.

23 hours ago, xecutable said:

Your settings are fine. However if noone has BTT to spend around, nobody will get any. Our little experiment however showed otherwise for different demographics. I hope we r wrong, that there's some variable that we didn't account for. The point here is NOT give us more tokens, but give us some clarity. 

What you mean, if i have asian IP from VPN then earnings back to normal? Because right now earnings are terrible, 3 days cannot make even 1k BTT, what's going on?

That's what our little experiment showed over and over consistently. Whether that's the case I can't say. The official response around here was, everything is normal. If they don't wanna shed some light, there's nothing more for us to ask.

Archived