Replacing utorrent.exe's internal icons

ww2

Is there anyway to do this? I tried using Microangelo's Librarian and also Resource Hacker; none worked (the first simply could not open the .exe and the second made the execution fail, after the change was saved).

A feature suggestion: in the future, could the program's icons be changed trough the appdata dir, like you do with the toolbar/status ones? Would be a nice feature, since there seems to be no easy way to replace the icons.

Sorry.

Well... my feature request is still valid (yes, I know I didn't post it in the right forum).

vurlix, would it be hard to implement? Cause if not, this could be a worthy customization option. Any plans to add it?

I previously mentioned this in a message specifically to the developers but I think it's unfair to suggest this.

They created an exceptional program and it's available for free to anyone who wants it. In the interest of retaining value by BRANDING their product (and it IS a product whether sold or offered gratis), I think they should retain the right to one uniform icon.

If µTorrent achieves the widespread distribution it deserves, the brand becomes the developers' reward.

They created an exceptional program and it's available for free to anyone who wants it. In the interest of retaining value by BRANDING their product (and it IS a product whether sold or offered gratis), I think they should retain the right to one uniform icon.

If µTorrent achieves the widespread distribution it deserves, the brand becomes the developers' reward.

They've already changed the icon several times, and in my opinion the current one looks like the kind of brand you might see on the backside of a cow.

I agree with you though; they have created an exceptional program.

They've already changed the icon several times, and in my opinion the current one looks like the kind of brand you might see on the backside of a cow.

Well, my suggestion to the developers was pick one and stick with it. Their response was that they intend to...when they find one they like. So I gather they're not satisfied yet either.

Archived