IRC down atm?

schnurlos

Not letting me connect. Dropped at 6:10AM EST for me.

I can't resolve any of the p2p-network.net servers whether blizzard, area51, irc, asgard, angel, etc. And even using the IP address for blizzard mapped to my alias in my hosts file, I can't connect. Can't resolve them from my shell account either.

Cogent and Qwest took a shit, but that was just a coincidence... We were under a massive DDoS attack, and still are, but things are ok now. Nameservers were changed for the domain so it'll be a while before it resolves for most people.

Also, use irc.p2p-network.net, or irc.utorrent.com, not p2p-irc.net

• 4 months later...

Hello. I'm new to *.torrent file swapping, and truthfully, fairly new to computers; however, I do enjoy both technologies a great deal. On that sentiment, I find myself striving to learn more, but it seems I'm often behind the eight ball so to speak. There certainly doesn't appear to be much of a learning curve. Anyway, I only tell you this so as to not piss any of you gurus and wizards off if I ask a question that is seemingly elementary and ridiculous. For instance, what is an IRC... and why will my Mozilla browser not even attempt to open an IRC link? Thank you for the help and education.

Archived