How to increase seeders

getout

Well I had this problem too. I guess many of them are unconnectable as mentioned. When DHT is ready in utorrent I am sure it can speed up. I know many people are already getting incredible speed already but there are always some of us who can't get the program to work at its utmost potential (even with all the port forwarding already done!).

I think the actual connection to peers is determined by how the Bittorrent protocol works. You can't really determine that, it's based on the swarm dynamics.

You can, however, remove any limitations that might be affecting your system. Firewall/router configuration is a common one as already mentioned. The ones below could also be limiting your possibilities if set innaproprietly for your system:

Global maximum number of connections

Maximum number of connected peer per torrent

Number of upload slots per torrent

This link on getting settings right was made for Azureus but it works for uTorrent too.

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Good_settings

Once you've removed limitations on your end there is nothing more that you can do really.

Connecting to more seeds doesn't automatically give you better speeds. If those seeds are already busy sending to other peers (with a long list of peers waiting for pieces from them, you won't get any boost in speeds from them.
there you go. that is it a lot of the time, just because seeders are there does not mean that they are available all the time to all the peers.

Connecting to more seeds is NOT better than connecting to peers. It is, at best, equivalent. What matters is connecting to fast peers (which are not necessarily seeds) that can send you data you don't already have.

Erfo the "Peer-2-peer" part of Bittorrent. Seeds are only there to keep the swarm moving. If you are connected to 60 peers and only 4 seeds then you are probly doing as good as you'll get. Cuz for every peer your attached too, your attached to their seed(s) as well.

Archived