no right click options in Firefox 2

dog

started using the WebUI today and its great.... i've been running it in firefox and the only thing i found missing was right-click options (specifically giving each torrent a label)....

tried it in IE7 and saw that the right-click works perfect....

i don't see anyone else having the same problem on the forum so i was wondering if anyone has an idea about what in FF might be causing this problem?

cheers

dog

hmmm.... nice try, but its already checked.... tried unchecking and rechecking but no luck....

i'll fiddle around and see if its something else affecting it.... one thought is the pop-up/script/ad blocker in kerio firewall.... this sometimes blocks things unnecessarily.. though i have tried turning it off and still get the problem....

anyway, thanks for your reply... i'm sure its some extension or something conflicting at my end... if i manage to find what it is i'll post here....

again, thanks for such a great program :)

a bunch....

roboforms (recently updated this so i tried disabling it to no affect)

all in one gestures

colourful tabs

console 2

dom inspector

duplicate tab

fetch text url

flash got

fox clocks

ie tab

ie view

minimize to tray

tabbrowser prefs

talkback

unhide passwords

Grr... My guess is that an extension busted your configuration... Check out Portable Firefox (yes, it's an older version, but not terribly old). If it works properly, then my guess is probably right, and you should consider reinstalling Firefox with a fresh profile, and don't install extensions like mad. If you absolutely need every single extension, do test them one-by-one to be sure that one of them doesn't mess with the right-click functionality.

thanks for your replies...

you were spot on yuripave... disabled all in one and the right click works :)

i only use this extension for the right-click/left-click back button navigation so i'll see if theres an extension which does this but doesn't clash.... i'll see if the mouse gestures extension does it....

thanks everyone for your help

• 5 months later...
Make sure that right-clicking in JS is allowed in FX's options. Tools -> Options... -> Content -> Next to 'Enable JavaScript' click on the 'Advanced...' button. Check 'Disable or replace context menus' and you should be able to see the menu in FX.

This is just what I was looking for. I run utorrent in a vmware machine of XP w/ WebUI. I then connect to it via Firefox in Ubuntu. I was having issues seeing the right click menus till I found this post.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Warning: Unknown property 'zoom'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://192.168.1.220:3600/gui/stable.css

Line: 17

Warning: Unknown property 'filter'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://192.168.1.220:3600/gui/stable.css

Line: 22

I'm getting these same errors. I have tried completely removing firefox from this computer, deleting all traces of firefox (application data, program files, regkeys), then reinstalling, and I still am unable to right click and receive these errors. Any other advice?

I'm almost positive it has something to do with the computer that's running the webui and utorrent, so I will make sure that there are no other types of firewall programs running in regards to that one. Pretty sure I turned everything off though.

Yep made sure there was a check box in that box. The windows firewall was in fact running this whole time on the other computer but disabling it and then restarting didn't fix anything. The thing is I was able to connect to my old computer using the webui but then that computer died so I bought another one and that one is now the server. I might just do a reformat on that computer since the C drive is only there to hold the windows and other program installations.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with FF2 and have tried all the suggestions here to no avail. I'm running FF on OS X.

I installed Camino to check if right click worked there, and it was fine. So it can't be anything on the machine running utorrent. I've disabled all extensions.

Anything else to try short of a complete reinstall of FF?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have an IE tab addon installed and I've been using that because right click didn't work. I kept putting off searching for the problem out of laziness and more important projects. Never thought all-in-one gestures was the blame, thanks to this thread I fixed it. For those looking for a solution and don't like middle click (yucky) for gestures. My alternative was Mouse Gestures Redox. Does everything I had All-in-One doing and still allows me to get a context menu in FF. Now I can ditch IE tab since the other things I used it for I don't do anymore.

Gotta say kudos to the folks who help out on these forums. Always willing to lend a hand, and the users always chime in when they have ideas. Great community here.

Archived