Didn't save the torrents, just opened in UT- now the torrents are gone

Stratocaster

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to make a backup file of all the loaded/configured torrents?

I'm working with about 300 torrents, and when that crashes, I really hate going through it all again re-loading them.

I tried googling it and it appears that there's some kind of config file but I can't find it. I can't even find where utorrents data is, i went to its program files and there like nothing there.

Selecting all 300 torrents and pressing enter should also load them fairly fast.

Backing up %appdata%\utorrent could technically help you restore the torrentlist but still all torrents would have to be rechecked.

Can't stress this enough. Especially with those number of torrents. Try everything in your power to prevent µtorrent from being closed improperly :)

So what I'd have to do is destroy my organizing system for all my oink.me.uk music torrents, and just slam it all in one big default folder depending on whatever.

I figured that would be the easiest, but most messy. I just need all these torrents that I've already downloaded to help seed my ratio.

thanks anyways.

Goto the folder which contains the subfolders with you torrents. Press ctrl+F and search for .torrent. All torrents contained in the folders will now be listed nicely. Unless there are also torrents there you do not want to load you can select them all and press enter :)

If your 'orginzing system' is even more complex you might have to improvise but using the windows search function can make you a nice list of .torrent files to select and press Enter to load.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have a similar problem...

I need to format my disk (where utorrent is installed) C: , but the things I download are in another disk (E: ). I have been downloading an 8gb torrent for quite a while now, and I don't want to lose what's unfinished (those files will be saved because I have to format the other disk), the thing is that after I install again Utorrent, I need to be able to keep downloading the files that were unfinished.

You say that all I have to do to recover the torrents and continue to download the files is to open the .torrent as if I was opening them for the first time? (taken in consideration that I'll choose the same directory to download files)

Thanks!

Archived