utorrent 1.6.1 build 483 shows not connectable while it is :(

jivan

Hi all,

I'm downloading some stuff. I'm able to download stuff through utorrent & have port-forwarded the same through my router (D-Link 502T) as well in utorrent > preferences > connection > Port used for incoming connections . DHT is disabled & I'm able to download stuff from all the private sites. Clicking on the red exclamation mark on the circle tells tht the said port is not open. I do use ipfilters from bluetack but tht shouldn't effect anything. Any ideas guys. This seems to have been happening only from the latest utorrent 1.6.1 beta 483

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem and I am using peerguardian2. However I have permanently allowed the port checker IP and also tried completely exiting PG2 to no avail. The red exclamation mark still says the port is blocked when in the logs it says UPnP has mapped port blah blah.

So essentially, even without PG2, the red exclamation mark is always there for me.

Neoanarchist,

Your router may have accepted µTorrent's UPnP request and be port forwarding correctly using UPnP. But your modem may also contain a mini-router and/or firewall that needs to be configured or disabled. Even vice-versa is possible...with the modem accepting UPnP but the router still staying firewalled -- since UPnP uses an outgoing connection it can connect through a firewall.

Or you may have a software firewall on your computer still active that's blocking incoming connections from µTorrent. Antivirus, antispyware, and even some viruses/trojans can contain or cause firewall-like conditions.

Archived