Problem when running uTorrent

Dimension11

http://tofu.polarcloud.com/9tm/HyperWRT_G_4209_tofu9_ipt127.zip

put these 4 lines into the startup script (it's on the Administration page)

echo 4096 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses
echo "600 1800 120 60 120 120 10 60 30 120" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeouts

then restart the router. :P

If you use wireless, you can boost the wireless power now too. This firmware also provides static DHCP and more entries for port forwarding.

if it's a GS, http://bagupremier.free.fr/wrt/GS/Hyperwrt_GS_4.70.6-211005.bin

Make an excuse to get a new WRT54G, then she can get your current one... :P

What do you guys think of Netgear? I've had better results with them, personally. I'm not all that fond of Linksys anymore.

Or a better (and even more offtopic question), what's your favorite router brand?

-Ares

Haha the BEFW11S4 is exactly what I have, I think it's time to upgrade, although it serves me fine at the moment for everything else.

If it's a problem with the router being unable to handle so many connections, is this why when I try to ping google when BT is running at the same time as the router, I get occasional timeouts?

Well my problem is, Linksys routers keep disconnecting me. I know hoards of people that complain about their Linksys routers. My little 802.11b Linksys has served me well, though. But all my friends have problems with theirs.

I suggested that a friend of mine try Netgear, and she hasn't had a problem since. I don't know which to get now lol

-Ares

WRT54G/GS are the good linksys routers, just change their firmware to HyperWRT and they're amazing :P

the default firmware has STUPID settings which make them run like crap for P2P, and it's Linksys' fault. but thankfully, others have stepped in and remedied all those problems, and added features that weren't in the original firmware. Like basic QoS, static DHCP, etc

Well, they're backwards compatible, and quite frankly my 3com USB 54Mbps card is overheating and not working after a good 15 minutes worth of use. So I'm in the market for a new card anyway lol ;)

So, if you were to pick a proprietary one, which would it be? Linksys? I mean they're backed by Cisco, so it's possible whatever they chose will become standard, maybe. ???

-Ares

I'd say stick with Linksys. :P Get a WRT54GS (the one with Speedbooster) and a Linksys wifi card to match.

I prefer using wired anyway, though I can't seem to get past 84Mbps when transferring files across the PCs...

You need a gigabit switch for that ^.^ As usual, 100Mbps is the theoretical max, like 56kbps is for a modem.

Archived