Ability to Hide Search Bar

roningurl

I think we should have the ability to hide the search bar from the Options menu. I personally would rather not have it there for myself, but I see how other people would love to have it there. So I think it should be able to be hidden just like "Detailed Information" and "Status Bar" and the entire Toolbar as a whole. The reason I ask for this is I know people use it. I just would rather turn it off in GUI.

Deleting all the search engine entries should remove the search bar.

With all due respect, I don't want to delete all the search entries in the off chance I'd like to use it one day. An easier solution would be a simple On/Off toggle switch in the Options menu.

Why would you want to turn the search box off/on all the time? Seems like a big waste of time to me... :/

Because, I don't really use "integrated search bars." I prefer to just use my web browser and I find such search bars a nuisance when I can't hide them. It's a small complaint in the grand scheme of things but a genuine complaint nonetheless.

Because The search feature is useless but then in 4 years you're going to be like hey lets see what sites were available back in the day...

Now, now, let's not flame those users who get use out of this search bar. I am sure quite a few people have used it and find it quite useful. Just because you don't doesn't give you the right to say its useless as a blanket statement. In fact, please don't do that in my topic because I really would like to get the developer to take it seriously and if you insist on flaming, he won't. Thank you and have a good day.

Archived