uTorrent indicates that I've 100% downloaded, but...

Toppers

...when I try to unrar the files I get an error message from winrar. I then have to remove the file from uTorrent and restart it again. Normally the 100%, in the DONE column changes, to 99.9% or slightly less and the download completes to 100% again, once I've re-connected to some peers. When I try to unrar now, everything works as it should.

I know I have a work-around for this problem, but I would like to try and find out and stop why this is occouring. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(I'm using uTorrent 1.61 and Vista Home Premium Edition.)

TIA

Toppers

Thank you for your suggesdtion and I'm sorry for the delay in replying. I have run various checks with my AV, Lavasoft and Spybot Search and Destry software etc and have not found anything to indicate a problem.

Does anyone have any other possible solutions or has anyone else came across this particular problem before?

TIA for any help

Toppers

I have a Edimax Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router and it is connected to my PC with a standard cable, so is this Router likely to be the culprit?

I don't know an awful lot about these things....how is data corrupted when using a router and how can this be avoided?

TIA

Toppers

I know there is no guarantee on how long hardware will last, but my PC is under one month old. Hopefully this is not the case and it is neither a HD or a RAM problem, as this would be a real "kick in the teeth" for me! In all other respects the PC is running perfect.

Again when I restart the torrent in uTorrent it invaribly goes to 99.9% and completes again to 100%, when it D/L's the last 0.1%, after reconnecting to the peers.

If the file is not zipped then the D/L is complete first time around, and works fine. Strange?

Any other suggestions please?

TIA

Toppers

The chance that µtorrent is the cause is virtually nil. It verifies every piece it writes to your hard disk in the same way a re-check verifies it. If a re-check finds corrupted data it has been edited after µtorrent wrote it to disk.

A new PC doesn't mean no chance of a broken hardware. Especially since it only happens to .rar and .zip files I presume some program is changing data after handling the archive. Does the corruption always happen or only after trying to unrar it?

Archived