uTorrent on Wine does not unhide

gibran

Hello everyone. I have used uTorrent for as long as I have downloaded torrents (around 2 or 3 years) and now I have moved to Linux (namely Ubuntu). When I try to unhide the window it won't respond. I see the torrents are downloading, so it is just a display issue. I searched the forums and saw someone had the same problem, I removed the settings stored in the .wine directory (actually all of it, since I only use wine to run uTorrent...Azureus sucks!), and I entered all the info the torrents, etc, but when I restart it happens again. I have done this 3 times already and the problem repeats itself. Help, anyone?

The latest, I updated it two days ago.

UPDATE: When I close the client, if I try to open it again I see the computer processing but the client won't load at all, or at least doesn't show on the system tray. When I restart it loads, but it still won't display the main window. It's quite frustrating, as this is the only thing I need to get working to be completely happy with Linux, and I don't want to go with kTorrent or Azureus unless I absolutely must. Thanks again.

Hello again...Can Anyone give me any hints? Please?

Thanks, I reinstalled and did that, so far it's not quite acting up... I'll stick around with it for a while and hope it doesn't start again *crosses fingers*

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I just realized this happens after the system shuts down improperly. I thought it might have had something to do with it, but I just confirmed... Bummer.

• 9 months later...

I was having this problem too. The problem of utorrent not "showing" after opening in the system tray while using WINE. The solution is rather simple:

1.) close and kill the process

2.) go to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/*USERNAME*/Application Data/uTorrent/ and delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old (for good measure, I'm sure it makes no difference unless you have OCD like me d: )

3.) restart the application and turn off the tray icon setting

Have fun!!

Archived