mTorrent Can't Cope With High Seeder Numbers?

cmotd

I was enjoying using this nice little client until I tried downloading a few big torrents with 1000+ seeders and leechers. mTorrent (that little squiggly u letter is Greek for lowercase m in case you were thinking i'm nuts) doesn't seem to be able to cope with torrents that have these numbers of ppl on a tracker. It uploads OK but I'm getting 0-0.2 kb/s on any torrent like this, and I've tried a lot now on different trackers. Is this a bug? Is there a way to work around it because if not I'm dropping this client like a girlfriend with AIDS.

:) yes they are 'for real' I have tried with over ten different torrents and trackers with the same result every time, I connect to the leechers, not the seeds, and get a average d/load speed of about 0.2 kb/s even though the overall torrent speeds are being measured in the Mbits. IS anyone else having a similar problem??

Bullshit. I've just succesfully downloaded a massive 300+ MB torrent with 4300+ seeds and 10,200+ peers and µTorrent did its job very well, even surpassing some other peers that had a bigger percentage than I had in the beginning. Something is wrong on your end, my friend... :|

juat to add on to this... I've noticed that I get almost all my d/l from leechers, up until the final pieces. Alot of the seeders that are connected to me are inactive and do not transfer data to me at all... just something I've noticed.

Ditto.

-Ares

1c3d0g seems i'm not the only one with this problem :) To be fair I tested azureas on the same torrents and it had the same result, however I don't think it is my setup as I have had no problem with getting some tv shows which have a lot of seeders. It just seems to happen on some trackers and not others so maybe it has something to do with the way those trackers are setup and how mtorrent handles them. The latest build of Azureas is crap at handling busy torrents anyway so I don't consider the fact that it performed in a similar way as proof it is my end that is the problem. I have heard that forwarding a high numbered port such as 65000 can help this, can anyone confirm that?

Archived