None of my torrents connect?? They turn Red... Please Help!!

zim_zimmer

Hi,

Up until recently my uTorrent has been working perfectly. However recently I've tried to downlaod some torrents and everytime I try to the blue arrow turns red after about 10 seconds. The torrents I've treid have been highly seeded so there shouldn't be a problems there.

I've searched the forum and people recommended to download one of the OPENOFFICE torrents, well I did that and the outcome was still the same.

I'm stuck now!! I've attached a screenshot to show the OPENOFFICE torrent.

f1d4440a.jpg

Originally I had set a static IP on my PC, also set up a port that uTorrent is forwarded to so there are no issues there... just recently everything has gone RED!!!

Please could you advise?

Have you done any searches of these message forums using the Search feature here for others on the same ISP as you?

Also, try searching the internet in general using GOOGLE for others on the same ISP as you...to see if your ISP throttles/blocks BitTorrent traffic.

I suspect that it does.

You could try another BitTorrent program, such as the original BitTorrent or BitTornado, to see if they have similar problems. That will help eliminate µTorrent-specific problems.

Hi zim,

I seem to have the same problem as you: utorrent had been working fine for months and then last week, without changing anything, everything has gone red. I can't get anything now (occasionally I'll get a few minutes of 0.1 kb/s if I'm lucky), including Open Office.

If you do find the answer to the problem, please can you post how you fixed here. I'm looking around other forums to see if I can found anything. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Thanks

Strange that quite a few other guys have the same problem as well come on recently??

I'm on Toucan ISP in the UK... what are you guys on? Toucan piggyback on Tiscali as far as I'm aware.

I will look further into the problem later this evening. Googling and also trying another program to download torrents.

If anyone has any suggestions in the mean time please let me know!!

I have just installed bitcomet 0.88 and about 10% downloaded of a song, not getting past 1% on utorrent. Not changed one setting . want to get utorrent going again as its much easier to use . hopefully this points the finger to utorrent settings? using sky broadband.

TD

I use Tiscali so maybe it is the ISP.

But last night I installed Azureus and right now it's happily downloading stuff (getting a fairly healthy 50 kb/s for Open Office which I'm happy with). I haven't tried using utorrent yet today.

How bad is that... talk about suffication. What do I pay my £15 a month for? To get unlimited access to the internet. I'm gonna find myself a new provider.

How are Orange Broadband?? Seeing that if you've got a mobile with them I could get it free!!

Im also having the same problem, my utorrent just suddenly stopped working after i tried to update it. EVERY torrent i use turns red and doesnt download and the DHT thing on the bottom says "Waitng to log in" Also in the general tab it says "No connection could be made because the target machine activley refused it." any idea what that means?? Also i installed Bittorent but still every torrent i used was red and didnt download.

Im a huge newb, so plz bare with me! ^^

Thanks

Archived