Network OK

Anthraxx

I have XP sp2, no firewall active, i have adsl 2+ that operates at 700k, I've forwarded the port, and I don't think that my ISP maliciously shapes me.

Is there a precedent for having neither a NAT Error or Network OK showing? Cos thats what I got. I just folowed the steps at portforward.com and it did get rid of my NAT Error, but theres no Network OK, and all over the site I cant find any reference to this, it seems it should be one or the other. Also since I forwarded the port, none of my torrents seem to start for ages. The speeds better than before, but it just wont start them for ages. thanks for reading my post

We all have to sleep sometime. :P

Check that the bloody windows firewall didn't spontaneously turn on. And since your on SP2 ...

Network Options

Randomize port each time µTorrent starts > unmarked

Enable UPnP port mapping > marked (if unmarked) / unmarked (if marked)

Advanced Options

net.max_halfopen > 8

peer.lazy_bitfield > true

If those don't work:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does_.C2.B5Torrent_work_well_on_Windows_XP_SP2_systems_with_an_unpatched_TCPIP.sys.3F

i see where ur coming from anthrax. my torrents seem to be taking alot longer to connect and my network ok takes a fair while to showup also. it may be todo with the dht being implemented. either way it still works for me.

also make sure that you have forwarded the same port for both tcp and udp.

tcp and udp? I was only forwarding one port as udp.

I noticed that once my torrents start, the NAT Error appears, but before that theirs neither NAT Error or Network OK.

Interestingly, I was d/ling diggnation episode 20, and with a NAT Error I was getting 255 kbps down pretty much constantly.

UDP is only used for DHT, nothing more. TCP is used for everything else. :P You need to forward it to get any incoming connections.

µTorrent doesn't display Network OK or NAT Error until a torrent actually starts, since it doesn't know if the forwarding works until then.

Archived