Bluescreen @ uTorrent 1.0 - 1.2, Win98SE, ZoneAlarm Firewall

FloX

Hey guys, i have a major problem with uTorrent.

On my low-end server is running Windows 98SE and also the ZoneAlarm Firewall.

But after a few minutes i get a bluescreen from windows which makes it impossible to let the server run more than 5 minutes or so.

Because of that I tried the Norton Personal Firewall and I didnt get anymore bluescreens, but now trail-time of Norton has passed, and I need a good firewall.

Do you have any suggestions which software firewall I could take or could you please try to check this problem and remove it.

Thanks,

FloX

I'm not sure if you even should consider using p2p with win98se. It's a security nightmare and has an inferiour TCP/IP-stack. If you have 96MB/128MB and a 300Mhz processor, you could run w2k or wxp, though you would need some tweaks (nLite) to get it working properly. But it should perform much better as w98se.

Last, I heard of plenty of people getting BSOD with ZoneAlarm (and Kerio). Check out Sygate or Agnitum Outpost, though if your machine is low on specs, they are probably too heavy. If your technical, you could check out Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 (very very old version, but lightweight).

Why not outpost? :rolleyes:

lavasoft firewall = Outpost firewall - privacy/HTTP fucntions.

Most firewall that include privacy and http functions will make browsing slower. Try AdMuncher for those. Fast, lightweight and filters about everything (mind you that the current release version is quite old, but beta's are regularly available. The devellopers are perfectionists, so release tend to take a while, but well worth the wait).

Jo guys, my server is LOW-END, AND I MEAN LOW-END^^ hehe.

But the Lavasoft Firewall runs fine, system aint too slow, so its great.

thx 4 ur help

cya

Is Lavasoft much different than Outpost? I recently tried Outpost, but it is a hell to configure properly, won't allow what I want and seems to make Ethereal pretty useless. I understood that Lavasoft's is basicaly a licensed and skimmed down version of Outpost.

Archived