uTorrent 1.2 keeps Crashing.

Dakiar

µTorrent 1.2 crashes quite often for me, it happens at least 3 or 4 times per day, ussualy after it has been running for some hours. It just says that it crash and unable to perform memory dump. Needless to say this make the program rather useless to me. Also I get rather slow speeds for a torrent with 452 seeds and 2500 peers, with my 10mBit connection I get 90kb/s..... Some people have told me this was a good client, but so far it's one of the worsts I've used... maybe something is wrong on my system?

I have Windows XP SP2.

I am still using 1.1.7 and UT crashes my system also, with a 0x01e error. Mine is fine when not running utorrent (now using Bit Tornado instead), but I so like it its driving me up the wall. My speeds are great, far better than any other prog.

My speed is 512/128 I'm on ZA 2.362 which has been fine. The funny thing for me is I have had uptime of two days but then sometimes I can't still up for 20mins, I have win2k set so it just freezes then reboots. Tell me which settings you want and I'll post mine to see if there is anything the same.

If the problem isn't the same then sorry for jumping on your thread.

You wouldn't happen to be a member of NGEmu Dakiar, would you ? :P

It really sounds to me like you dont even care to try and solve the issue. Having said that, You should go around saying uTorrent is the shittiest client ever because you had a problem with it that you didnt really try and fix.

It seems he is here asking for help and has stated his case strongly. He is entitled to be annoyed if its trouble to get it working.

I have issues with it taking a long time to close and having to use task manager to kill the process.

Utorrent isnt perfect but it is very good if it works.

He clearly is interested in getting it working.

Comments like that will only make him go elsewhere.

Settings: ( There is no network problems whatsoever reported and every other network apps is still running fine, after utorrent crash. ) DSL 10 mbit connection

Everything on default aside from:

max numbers of connections: 400

max connected peers: 300

number of upload slots per torrent: 5

maximum number of acctive torrents 8.

maximum number of active downloads 5.

I'm trying my best to get it to work here. I don't have a router or anything like that, I am using Norman antivirus, and I was using the windows built in firewall ( Maybe that's what crashing it? ) but I tried switching to Norman firewall and it crashes anyway. I've tried some other torrent clients and none of them has ever crashed on my system.

It'd be helpful with any kind of error message other then u-torrent has crashed unable to perform dump. In that case I might at least have an idea to know what the problem is.

BTW ChaosBlade there is no reason to be rude, it crashes on my system while the other torrent programs doesn't, and I said it was one of the worst torrents program I've used so far becauses of the crashes. You'll have to understand that a torrent program that crashes isn't of much use to me.

Dakiar: You will have to understand that if µTorrent crashed for everyone, noone would even be here. Something is wrong with your system or your settings.

Have you changed anything in the advanced settings? Have you scanned for viruses? Does the crashes occur on different torrents?

Edit: Typo

Archived