Toggle of the IPFilter to certain torrents.

xChaoSx

As the subject suggests, per torrent, per ip filter.

Globally the ipfilter can be set. But can each torrent be opted to use a different, or not-at-all the same ipfilter thats been set as globally.

Also Multiple IP Filters and perhaps a choice of which IP Filter to use like a profile.

• 1 month later...

Very practical use!

I make use of multiple global ipfilters for different circumstances, one being for free peering

with other ISP in my state which doesn't count towards my download quota. Being able to

load any global ipfilter within the torrent app is a great feature one which Azureus now has.

As for per torrent ipfiltering, would love it but would probably be to difficult to implement.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG This is my dream thread! So happy i found the search button ;) *Subscribed*

Yes! Ip filtering is important and practical as my ISP offers some free traffic from certain other peers in the ISP, but counts when downloading from other peers located out side the country. So in order for me to maximize my downloads per month i have to filter the peers i download from. seeding does not count towards usage,

The ideal setup would be:

Ability to seed to all IP's or just to the filter list, able to be set per torrent

ability to download from all IP's, or just a filtered list, set per torrent, and independent of the seeding status.

(so you can download for "free" from a selected number of users who use your ISP, and be able to seed to all other connections)

100% agree with isawan95, his ideal setup would allow me to to download as much as I like and be a generous uploader at the same time.

At the moment I have to use utorrent and another similar(inferior) program just so some torrents have the ipfilter applied to it whilst others don't. A very time consuming and inelegant procedure

I too have to agree with fats and isawan95. This would be a sick feature and would allow me to finally rid myself of the memory pig AZ.

Hope some of the team from utorrent are seeing this thread.

Many ISP's allow free traffic within their own network however as soon as you stray outside their walls boom your pinged.

So this would be great to get a per torrent filter!!

• 2 weeks later...

Greets,

I have to agree that this sort of IP filtering would be fantastic. Being able to filter out downloads that are metered, while uploading to the same person I just filtered out of downloading to me.

Basically I get free data from people in the same ISP - well most, some states are metered some are not, so I want to stop downloading from those that are metered while being able to send them data if they want it. If all users of an ISP did that, then we all get free data - or mostly free thus extending our monthly allocation. In the early years my ISP did tell its users of the free data between users, in recent times they don't advertise, still they dont mind the free data transfers between their user base, Which is handy.

I use Peer guardian for IP blocking and that works well for me - for now.

It is a big ask, but if you can do it, we would appreciate it greatly. Well I've as usual said more then I was going to so i'll leave you alone now. lol.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I think, that it is enough of single IP-Filter per uTorrent instance.

But many users including me would be glad to see an optional IP-Filter for individual queue item.

In my opinion it is not so difficult to implement such option.

I even got an UI solution :)

"Torrent properties" will need a new checkbox "Enable IP-Filter" that takes it's default checked state from "ipfilter.enable" value in global properties.

Just that alone would already be great, because then for many users there would be no need to use multiple instances of this amazing BitTorrent client.

Additional request is the possibility to base this checkbox checked state on Announce-URL contained in .torrent meta-file. I.e.

if (announce_url == "http://mytracker.com/announce.php") { enable_ipfilter.Checked = true; }

:)

Thanks for your patience.

Archived