People downloading my seed are getting stuck @ 99%, why?

BobbyB

So I uploaded my first seed(demonoid) 3 days ago and I noticed that no one has completed it yet. Then I started to get these pm's from people that they are stuck at 99% and they are telling me to jump back on and start seeding again. My computer has been running the entire time and the utorrent client has been open and been saying seeding the entire time.

For the first two days everything looked fine then the upload speed would start to die until there was no activity and now it comes and goes in spurts. I did a speed test and set the speed at the right upload speed but that did nothing.

I don't know what to do. Do I need to change a specific setting?Can someone please help?

Thanks BobbyB

depending of the content of your torrent, you system probably have changed it a bit so that they can't finish it.

For example a thumbs.dat file in the created directory, or an mp3 file where you have played it after the creation and your MediaPlayer has unknowingly altered the TAG of the file.

Stop the torrent and do a force recheck. He will probably tell you that you don't have the content 100% complete(here: unaltered) anymore so nothing you can do then.

DreadWingKnight > no dlink router I use linksys. What is force recheck?

µtorrent-Guest > the files that I am seeding are flac files that have not been played with any mediaplayer. Can you tell me what and how to do a force recheck? Is that the force start option?

Archived