Exception to the speed rule?

thinktank

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a very well seeded torrent, that's why.

Your speed is limited by the upload speed of everyone else in the swarm, and remember they have to cap it too and upload to other people. So you typically shouldn't expect full speed from a torrent, it's just a fact of life. :P

Because that torrent has enough seeds to keep it going. ;) If you max out your speed on an OpenOffice.org torrent, it usually means that µTorrent is already tweaked to the hilt. As Firon said, one thing you got to understand is you simply cannot achieve maximum speed on all torrents. That's reality. Ideally you'll realize that speed when the torrent conditions are just right, but most of the time you'll just have to keep yourself happy with what you've got. :)

Well, there's 1 seeder for every 10 peers, so slow speeds aren't surprising.

OpenOffice has like a thousand seeders with 10Mbit connections :P

What speeds were you getting? Also, it takes a while for the speed to ramp up.

You did make sure µTorrent doesn't display NAT Error right? And that yer firewall isn't blokcing stuff.

I got two routers. One for the internet(Efficient-Siemens Speedstream-5200) that is on the list and the other which is to connect the two computers(CNet CWR854) and that's not on the list. So, I should only portforward the internet one, right?

Also, the routers are connected to the other computer, not this. So would I portforward it on this one, right?

I need all the help you guys can give me.

Thanks!

Ps: Why does it say that the Enable UPnp Port Mapping needs to be unchecked. It comes checked as default, so why does it need changing?

I'm stuck in the part where I have to enter the ip of my router. It says a default one in there but it doesn't open in the browser. Says it doesn't find it. How can I check the ip of my router?

Ps: Why does it say that the Enable UPnp Port Mapping needs to be unchecked. It comes checked as default, so why does it need changing?

If you're gonna forward a port manually, you should turn off UPnP.

Start -> Run -> cmd

type in ipconfig, press enter

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Default Gateway is your router's IP.

I have never seen Network OK. Never.

My network is setup as:

2 Computers

One computer has two routers. One for the internet and the other to connect to the other computer(mine).

So I connect to one router and then get the internet from the other.

I followed everything from portforward.com but it still says NAT Error.

And I already found my routers ip address.

So anyone? Also, I don't know if it's possible but if I give you my ip address and everything necessary, can you forward it for me? I don't know just an idea because I did everything and it still says NAT Error. It's going faster now(@8kb/s - 16kb/s) but if it can go even faster without the NAT Error, then that would help a lot.

So you've got the routers daisy chained?

Router A has internet and is also connected to Router B, and your PC is connected to Router B right?

If so, you have to forward the port you want on Router A to Router B's IP address, then forward the port on Router B to your PC, I believe. :P

Archived