v 1.7.5 misreporting stats?

Invy

Some user on a tracker I administrate contacted me because he was wondering what happened to his ratio. Well, I took a look at his recent torrents and saw it said he downloaded 9.71 GB of a torrent that is only 1.95 GB in size.

This must be a bug with uTorrent, isn't it?

Now, he's on the verge of being banned for low ratio if this doesn't get cleared up.

Thanks in advance :)

Ok sure.. what else information do you need? He's using 1.7.5.

Oh yes, and another problem totally unrelated to this. Some users have been also reporting that they can't create and seed torrents properly with this version. They get the 'invalid passkey' tracker message, including myself. I've suggested them to use MakeTorrent and they say that this program works fine.

> downloaded 9.71 GB of a torrent that is only 1.95 GB in size.

Sounds like he downloaded the torrent four times by mistake.

> They get the 'invalid passkey' tracker message

That sounds like a tracker issue or a user doesn't know how to create a torrent properly using uTorrent. It took me a few tries too when I tried to seed my first torrent for a private tracker. When you create a torrent with the announce URL, you don't include your passkey. The tracker is supposed append a valid and unique passkey depending on the member that is downloading the torrent from the private tracker.

1.95 GB x 4 doesn't equal 9.71 GB ;)

I don't think he or anyone would download it 4 times though.

About the torrent creation problem, i'm sure they knew how to upload torrents properly as they've done it before. Specifically this one guy has a 100mb connection so i'm sure he had done it in the past. And like I said, I've had this problem too, and when I used MakeTorrent it was fine... I even had to downgrade to 1.7.4 at one time just to be able to create torrents properly.

x5, then. It's pretty close actually, taking rounding into account.

1.7.5 will not report bad data, so... He had to have downloaded it 5 times, or his account was "stolen" (probably gave it to a friend).

Invy: you need to code your tracker to remove announce-list and replace it with announce (if the user put in multiple lines, even blank ones, or something, this happens).

Archived