No network connection Icon

Sithely

Hi,

I had uTorrent working then I had to re install windows and now whenever I launch it it shows not little symbol for network connection. I used the speed guide and it says my port is forwarded correctly but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Also how can I take a screenshot of it? Thanks

Well the problem is there is no icon. It also says DHT :0 Nodes (login). Whenever I try to download a torrent it says that it is downloading but never starts of finds any peers. It was working fine last week until I had to re install windows and now no luck. I've tried disabling windows firewall but still no luck.

I don't know where it's being tracked. I'm new to this whole torrent thing. Whatever the default is for uTorrent. I used the speed guide and it says my ports are forwarded correctly but still no luck. I saw something about demonoid going down. does this have anything to do with it? Thanks

is it possible that the problem is not with uTorrent but with the actual torrents themselves? i think this would make sense in my case because i am able to download openoffice torrents but not others....on the other hand this would not make sense in Sithely's case because they are not able to download anything. i don't think re-installing windows had anything to do with it

@chrisnach: What is the Tracker URL and Status shown for those other torrents that don't work? If their tracker is Demonoid, those torrents will only work, if at all (and if you're lucky), with seeds/peers you latch onto using DHT. If the tracker is something else, let us know the message.

this is very strange but i opened up my uTorrent today to check the torrent URL and one of the torrents which had not been working for the past few days began to download (and the network connection icon showed up). this torrents URL was http://localnet.yi.org:2710/announce. the other torrent was in fact Demonoid and it still did not download. its URL is http://inferno.demonoid.com:3405/announce. btw both of the torrents say Downloading under Status.

so am i right to assume that Demonoid torrents will never work anymore?

Archived