burning movies with nero from uTorrent

oddy

I do it the manual method™

TMPGEnc Plus to encode an MPEG-2 video elementary stream, dgpulldown to pulldown to 29.97 FPS, TMPGEnc AC-3 Sound Plugin to encode the AC3 audio, and finally TMPGEnc DVD Author to put it all together (notice which company I like? :P)

Wow, some of you don't know what you are talking about lol.

Go to afterdawn and have a look at some of the tuturials. I've done a few conversions from avi to DVD (and re-joining two-part movies) successfully.

I don't want to really post how to do everything here in case it brings trouble.

linx05: Yes, there are quite a few complicated ways of converting AVIs to DVD, but WinAVI is simple and pretty self-explanatory. If you want to make a good job of it, why not perfect the movie in an editor and author it with Sorenson? I believe that would get you the best results. Not everyone is that advanced though. And it's not really for personal use.

That Avi2DVD doesn't look much different from WinAVI anyway.

I've done my manual conversions with TMPGEnc Plus (and mostly manual settings), dgpulldown (pulldownui sucks), TMPGEnc AC-3 Sound Plugin, and TMPGEnc DVD Author. Takes forever, but it's great. :P

Most people however can't figure out how to do that, nor do they wanna spend 12~14 hours encoding a single movie. I use this method for when I REALLY wanna have a good copy of a movie.

That's what the transcoders are for. WinAVI does a pretty damn good job quality-wise, so it's good enough most of the time. :P

Archived