I'm seededing a torrent

Simon

I used it for seeding a 1GB torrent with a decent sized swarm (80 peers), and it worked quite well. Took a LOT less bandwidth to reach availability of 2 and have lots of seeders in the swarm. When the first seeder was made... about 12 seeders came at once. It was quite nice.

it's nice because it helps get the file distributed faster so that there are more seeders. it's not just so that you can drop off the torrent faster. although i'm sure that's how some people use it. i use it so that i can get as many seeders setup as quickly as possible so that downloads can go faster for everyone else.

@Firon: Agree 100%, I suggest that super seeding should turnoff automatically once the 1st seed has emerged from the peers. Apart from inexperienced users trying it at the wrong times, original uploaders are not always around to switch it off at the right time.

Hmm. This brings up a slight problem.. whenever I'm the first and only seed, Seeds seems to show up as '0 (0)', not '0 (1)' as you would expect.

Is this always what happens - ie. µT doesn't count you as a peer, IIRC Azureus did - or a random glitchy thing relating to tracker scrapes?

Because if it is always what happens, ignore me, that feature Moody suggested would be a good idea and sounds easy to implement.

The only thing I would suggest is that (a) it's on by default, but you can disable it in advanced options and (B) that it's somehow obvious in the UI that µT super-seeded to a point, then there were alternative seeds so it resumed regular seeding. I can't think of a good way to do this right now.

Archived