uTorrent 1.7.5 crashing

Nightroad

Hi,

ever since I installed version 1.7.5, whenever I start a torrent, it lags my system, 100% CPU usage, and after about 20 minutes of that, I get the Blue Screen of Doom saying something like

"Beginning physical memory dump"

or

"Beginning dump of physical memory".

I'm assuming uTorrent is wasting all my memory?

I am running windows 2000 professional SP4.

Checked for viruses ect, nothing.

Any ideas? =\

Lol, sorry I didn't reply, holidays =Þ.

Heres the BSOD:

==============================

**** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0xAFAF6BBE)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** Address AFAF6BBE base at AFAC9000, DataStamp 451cd20e - MRVW243.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory

==============================

Something like that, and what do you mean by 'Turn off automatic reboots'?

Looks like dlink driver file?

Are you sure you are running wireless / LAN drivers from your motherboard manufacturer, or windows?

Edit: Whoops, that or one of those Buffalo dongle wifi adapters? Are you updated to the latest drivers.

To follow his instructions, you must have to get the driver error yes? *For XP only, should be similar for 2K* Windows+Pause/Break -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> untick "automatically restart"

The disabling of the feature allowed you to paste that error message, didn't it? You see the important part without knowing anything about the crashdump is the driver file "MRVW243.sys". When I put that into google it popped alot of lists for hijackthis logs, but unfortunately none told me what it was, so I found further-down results about it linked to both dlink or buffalo. You didn't answer the question regarding if you are indeed using one of those buffalo dongle wi-fi adapters. Because if you aren't the driver is there for something else which means you should probably check the 2K equivalent to XP's Device Manager and try to auto-update or remove and re-install your network hardware.

Additionally given the memory usage perception, it would help to keep track a bit through task manager or to actually follow Ultima's How-To regarding HiJackThis and Process Explorer. Pasting the HJT log allows diagnosis of troubleshooting of the overall installation of programs which may interfere with uT. Pasting the specific DLL mode log for utorrent in Process Explorer allows viewing of any rogue loaded DLLs (generally speaking anything non-Microsoft Corporation or outside \system32 should be something you can name off the top of your head that you installed onto the computer).

No, it didn't.

I never even knew of that feature, and weather I have it checked or not doesn't make any difference at all, I can have it checked or unchecked, and it will sit at thr BSOD until I hit the reset button.

Never heard of a buffalo wi-fi adapter.

MRVW243.SYS seems to be related to my router.

Ok, so you've narrowed it down to your router (which is what exactly?)

I guess the next step is to try and update the drivers, firmware (if you're up to it) etc. If your router is flaky and just can't handle the load, time to get a new one would be my suggestion.

BTW, have you tried any of the things listed here (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=258231#p258231) to see if you can reduce the load on your hardware which might help?

Well, unless someone else has any bright ideas, IMO drivers / firmware / replace is the way to go.

BTW, you did check once with a fresh uTorrent installation, right? (In case some setting's at fault here, though it does seem unlikely now.)

You should also paste HijackThis and ProcessExplorer logs (as jewelisheaven detailed above) so we can be extra sure nothing else is messing with uTorrent.

USB adapter drivers are unreliable at best. . . Is there a way for you to connect to the router through Ethernet (RJ45)? I'm sorry I looked up the driver name and that is why I specified it as a buffalo wi-fi adapter (USB)... the problem is that since uTorrent makes high usage of the transfer mechanisms, bad drivers over USB will exascerbate the problem. Check for updated drivers, then reduce load on your router through concurrent connections under Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent. Anything over 200 is overkill. Also going through the steps in Ultima's How-To related to remove unnecessary features to try to reduce the strain on your networking equipment may help. This is a try-and-see problem without full logs as ajones81 described above.

Archived