Speed Trouble

c0rleone

when i'm using bitcomet i am able to connect to more peers than i am able to connect with µTorrent.. it's a local tracker and i am the uploader of the torrent.. i saw that 3 people were trying to leech from me but only 1 of them was able to connect and i was uploading at about 150 k/s.. after a few seconds with bitcomet i was uploading to all the 3 leechers and i reached 800 k/s... why can't i connect to all of them? c0rleone may experience the same problems.. also seeding a certain torrent i connected to 5 peers and i uploaded at 2-3 k/s 20-30 minutes.. with bitcomet i connected to the same people (there are no others leeching that thing :P) but my speed was 20 k/s .. i must say that the number of connections is not a problem here because with both cases i was connecting to no more than 4-5 peers

it's weird, i'm on xp pro sp2, patched, utorrent 1.3, ports opened, network ok.

If i get on a huge torrent, it dl's from people for what seems lik 1-15 seconds, then drops to 0Kb/s. Then after a minute it picks back up, then drops. But when i first connect is when i achieve my best speed, so if there is 100 seeders, i will jump from 5 to another 5 to another five finishing fast. Please help if you have any idea why i'm dropping connections constantly, i've played with alot of settings. Maybe i need encryption of packet headers, but stragne my isp switched to shaping the same day comet got banned. utorrent looks great!

Archived