More on Command Line torrent adding

OsoMarron

Sorry Ultima, yes I did read it. I have posted all available command line options previously elsewhere, so I was aware of it. The default settings I believe have "always show dialog" checked and "pop-up main GUI on manual add" which is why I glossed over the ability to set states on add as if you add it, the GUI will pop up and you can select the label right there. There are options to start or stop torrents on add, as well as set labels on-add for RSS currently. If even the ability to auto-label from auto-load is added before "per label" options are, I think it would make at least the dedicated "scripting" user able to automate this kind of task. (Look up AutoIT).

The reason I ask is that by adding a torrent via commandline with the /DIRECTORY option, µTorrent does add the torrent without any dialog. Yep, I always have the dialog shown in normal situations, and I never see any dialog when using /DIRECTORY "target directory" "source .torrent". The feature would be quite useless otherwise, as it's meant to be a commandline option so that the user could bypass the GUI (if only for adding).

And believe you me, I'm quite familiar with AutoIt :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived