RSS downloader keeps downloading same torrents.

CptanPanics

I have Rss downloader setup, and it almost works perfectly. The problem is it keeps downloading old stuff. If you look at the history it shows that it has downloaded stuff multiple times. At the end of the line for history it shows stuff like (2S/3L), what does this mean? What is wrong with my setup or RSS downloader? Sometimes also it wont download the old stuff, but then sometimes it will?

Thanks,

CP

It's not the minimum interval that's the problem, I don't have that set at all and I have the same problem. The problem is because when the RSS feed updates and there is a new set of "(2S/3L)" it's because the tracker has updated how many seeds and how many leechers are on that torrent. So utorrent thinks that it's a new torrent because the name has changed. I'm just wondering if there is a way to match the name a different way so we can work around this.

• 6 months later...

I've only just started trying to get mininova to work how I want it and I'm having this exact same problem.

I've searched high and low for this alternate feed that Firon mentioned but couldn't find anything. Perhaps its been removed since then.

If anyone has found a solution or workaround or maybe there's a thread that I somehow missed, an answer or a link or an idea, anything really, would be greatly appreciated.

Even a flat "no, cant be done" is better then nothing. At least then I can try to find a different site that will do what I need.

Archived