Problem with uTorrent 1.7.4

Mauro

Hello everyone,

I have a problem using uTorrent 1.7.4 under winXP: whenever I exit uTorrent, or I reboot the computer, the torrents it was downloading apper as "inactive" and "complete" (although they were not complete), also they appear as 0% completed. I tried with re-check, force start, start, and nothing happens. I'm not sure what would be the problem and how to solve it, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

M.

DWKnight is talking about the option Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> bt.graceful_shutdown .

I do not think anything would show up under the Complete tag if @ 0%. If you know something was complete but is currently registering less than that, have you recently changed right click -> advanced -> download location ? If you did not CLICK on the FILE or FOLDER for the specific torrent you selected it would make sense that it shows up as 0.0%.

Hello,

Thanks DreadWingKnight and jewelisheaven for your prompt responses. I actually upgraded to version 1.7.5 and enabled the graceful shutdown option, now it works perfectly. With respect jewelisheaven's question, for my previous post I was doing a few experiments to have a better idea what the problem was: I started downloading some file and when it reached some percentage (like 10% or so), I closed uTorrent to see what happened, and when restarting it moved the torrent to the folder "complete" indicating 0% of download. I didn't do anything with the downloaded files, nor I changed the download location or anything. Thanks a lot for the help!

Have a great day!

M.

Archived