Connection problem with utorrent running?

TheBlackOut

Anytime I have uTorrent running in the background (even if it's like 0 download, 2 kb/s upload) my msn and xfire will log out and then log back in really fast. It's not a long connection drop, just a drop then an instant reconnect. It doesn't seem to affect web browsing (though again, because it's an insta-drop-then-reconnect thing) but it affects messaging.

Does anyone know why? I read the FAQ and while a model very close to mine has problems, it didn't really mention my model.

FW: None

Speed: 5mb down, 2mb up

Router: Linksys WRT54GX2

My connection: While my router does support wireless, I am wired.

Hope someone can help!

Did all the suggested and tried to lower it to 50 global, but I know I can do better, I have a feeling it's something with this router. Old firmwire or new, donno. But it never used to do this! Now it is, I am tempted to switch back to my old Actiontec (that Verizon gave me) but it has problems with Steam displaying games. So it's either a bad thing that happens with one, or the other. Bad trade offs, imo. :P

Any other suggestions or info you lads need?

- uTorrent says my network is OK and should be working.

- "Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 8956 on 71.123.180.46...

OK! Port 8956 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections."

- Global connections, 50. Upload speed: It doesn't really matter, from 5 kb to my max, it will drop, but it doesn't affect the speed at least!

- No firewall or antivirus of the sort.

- Linksys WRT54GX2 (I have a feeling it's v2 but the sticky doesn't state it like Linksys says its SUPPOSE to, but I updated it to the v2 firmware before and it didn't cause any implications)

- Verizon FIOS

- Do I have to use the speed test when I absolutely know my seed? 5 mb down, 2mb up.

EDIT: Well here's a report: Switched to a DI-604 I just found and it works great. I think something does not work well with Linksys' WRT54GX2.

Archived