uTorrent Freeze Issue info for Admins or Mods

lostxtsol

Well, that can be alot. Does it always freeze after the same amount of time? Are you sure it's completely frozen and not just "unresponsive"? If you open a command prompt, or are running process explorer, does it respond to input, even after a lengthy period of time? What's the longest you've waited to see if it comes out of it?

If it definitely is a problem with uT and outpost coexisting... being that with ONLY outpost running and not uT, you don't freeze even after a day... and with ONLY uT running without outpost it doesn't freeze after a day, there's some incompatibility... If you are able to notice the handles column (you may have to enable it in the top pane in procexp.exe) growing exponentially prior to freezing, on the next reboot, see if you can have the handles open and sorted or looking for a large number of identical entries... Honestly I have no idea what SPECIFICALLY is being looked for... Drew42's post was able to track down specifically what was making his problem... perhaps that thread can give you ideas you haven't already tried to prolong the uptime. :/

ok well...

I am not positive as to the time. it would have to be stopwatch timed for me to be sure, and I don't have one. Funny enough this is the first cell phone that didnt have one.

It's completely frozen man, nothing works, the mouse does not move, I cannot get the task manager, absolutely no HD activity.

I left it on for 3 hours with no change.

I could not run uT and outpost at all. If previous to running uT, I disengage outpost or uninstall it I can run uT with no issues at all. I ran it without Outpost continually for what? 7 days almost straight. I did spend sometime not using uT but only a couple of hours in that period.

I will check that post out and see what I can find, then I will do the PE and post the results here.

Good good :) Patience in times like this makes me thankful for those stress balls... it's alot safer than banging your head against the wall :P

If you have access to virtualization you may not necessarily need to keep restarting your computer... and the whole adoption/platforms for it seem to be matured enough that virtual hardware won't introduce any more bugs... perhaps you can also look into that? After it freezes, you'd only have to kill the virtual server process instead of your computer. The only downside is you'd have to use a sizable chunk of hard drive for a new image... unless of course you try it with an old OS like 95/98... in which case you'd have no verification if you'd be introducing OS bugs into the equation since it's so old :/ In any case, there are hurdles to overcome in the process forward from here, and I applaud your dogged persistence :)

okay.... i guess I dont really know what i am looking for...

It was far too much info to copy by hand.

Heres what i saw, nothing really out of the ordinary as far as DLL's, handles was HUGE, though it only reported at peak before locking about 350-370 using 10,156k

but the handles pane was deep with most set/endpoint i think it was, and device/tcp

well mainly other than device/tcp is was the endpoints... i have no way of knowing one second its going the next it's just frozen its not like a gradual slowdown or anything.

Ugh, ZA... yeah... no...

I was only running 3, and some seeds.

I bought Kaspersky AV last night and got rid of BD after reading ssupdater. I got an email response from Agnitum... standard boilerplate that they could look into it blah blah, maybe in a future update blah blah, have I thought about switching to one of the many other torrent programs.

Archived