Confusion is driving me crazy

Heizei

Ok, so utorrent was working fine until a message came up saying a new version was available so I downloaded and installed it but now when I load a torrent it says there's either no seeds or 1 at max. Apart from this there is no download or upload speed. At first I thought it might need time to get seeders but after 20 mins still nothing.

Also my router recently had to go the bin and I purchased a new Sweex one but I don't think it is that which is causing the problem as I have forwarded the port and tested it and utorrent says its open and working fine...

Any help?

To check their shaping methods, you can try the in-development 1.8 from the Announcements forum self-encapsulated so it doesn't mess with 1.7 settings. It apparently works eliminating the shaping on some ISPs. Since I'm not a mod I can't verify which since I don't see people's ISPs like Ultima, and I can't verify WHAT it does since I'm not one of the developers who worked on the additional workarounds.

OH! in that case I can confirm I get up to 1 Mbit per second from those peers, and can upload at .5 Mbit when I'm not being shaped. It sounds more and more like you're going to have to deal with it... and keep a logtime of when you notice things working/not-working... so you can make your own "scheduler" for limitations :/

Archived