Upload/Download limit??!!

shashank86

Hi,

Just wanted to know what the upload and download limits in utorrent actually do??? I have set a master 30k up load limit down on the status bar and my ISP provides an u/l speed of around 50k. Now when i individually cap the u/l in each torrent to around 5k they went red. Why is that???

Thanks

the tracker status is offline (timed out)... you mean to say that constricting upload bandwidth does not choke the torrent??

Got one more question man... if i rip the tracker of the torrent and enable DHT will the file still download??? and what should i put in the 'ip/hostname to report to tracker' field in the bittorrent tab in preferences???

I believe IP to report to tracker, net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip are all mentioned in the µManual. You do not override those by default (hence why they are blank).If you Ctrl-P -> Advanced and check bt.connect_speed and net.max_halfopen. If they are *, press Reset, apply and OK. That will help if you are overloading your connection.

If a torrent is for a private tracker DHT is not enabled and removing the tracker will completely remove your ability to download the torrent. If on the other hand it is public then yes you can remove all the trackers and DHT if enabled will allow you to connect to peers.

Archived