Mentions of illegal content in the forum

silverfire

We all know what we use BitTorrent for ourselves, but for those who download things that reside outside gray areas, I'd highly prefer it if they weren't so overt about what they download. It would also be a good idea to refrain from posting links to sites that index torrents or search engines to torrents. Google should suffice. From a totally objective standpoint, the existence of such posts on a torrent client's website could be construed as the developers' acknowledgement or approval of such usage. It would be wrong to get uTorrent's developers in legal trouble because some corporate executives decide that certain links imply their support of illegal downloading.

Sorry if I sound overly cautious about stuff.

Sorry if I sound overly cautious about stuff.

while i do think that that is the case, i also believe its better to keep all bases covered.

therefore i would simply suggest an announcement / sticky that tells ppl to not post links to illegal content.

I do NOT however see the need for moderators/admins to actually go hunting for such posts and remove them from here.. waste of time and effort. You should be "protected" enough by mentioned announcement imho.

just my 2 cts. :)

keep up the great work

This is all pointless unless you get rid of guest accounts they are totaly unregulated :3 So once you force users to register and give there comment a name it would be nice :)

As well saying RIAA not not a big deal dont be such a pussy. And your sig image is well lame not every one has 80MiB/15% usage i sure dont i am around 65MiB/2% usage with azureus your image is like auto trolling :)

• 4 months later...

Archived