Port Problem

InifinitiRob

I can't seem to find where this port if being blocked. I can forward it properly through my router, I have added multiple ports to windows security center, I have uninstalled all other firewalls that i have found on this machine and none of these seems to work. I am using XP with free avg (no firewall) and I need help!!!

can anyone have any ideas?

I've been having this same problem for the past 48 hours and it kept showing all of my ports were closed. I don't know if this will help but it helped me. I just restored the firewall to default in the McAfee Security Center at the bottom right of the screen. I noticed also at other forums people were having trouble with McAfee locking/closing down all the ports.

Go to the router's configuration page and check what the DHCP range is. Afterwards, set a static IP up for your computer outside of the DHCP range (so if the DHCP range is something like 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149 with 50 IP addresses, 192.168.1.200 would be considered outside of the range). Finally, forward your port to that IP address from the router configuration.

I'm using a DSL-504t Modem/router with uTorrent v1.7.7 and for the love of me I cannot get the Port to open.

I have changed the Port number turned off both DHT settings - deleted and reinstalled uTorrent in the windows firewall and I have now run out of ideas on what is blocking the Port.

Removing DHT as an option really only means you don't have to setup two rules: one for TCP and one for UDP. You stilll need to setup a TCP forward rule in 1) your modem (if it's modem + router) 2) your router (what you connect all your LAN computers to) 3) your software firewall (unless it's windows firewall) 4) other security software which affects/filters internet packets. After the general troubles each upgrade I listed a thorough procedure to be used when clarification of the How-To was needed which can be found @ my post.

Don't worry, a methodical checking will elucidate the problem. The built-in checker http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=YOURPORTNUMBER checks differently than others like https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=YOURPORTNUMBER and http://www.canyouseeme.org

Hi, I'm just a newB. But after searching the ut guide, searching how to setup an static IP, calling friends I give up. HELP PLEASE! I'm an EE without network experience. I have a motorola modem 2210, linsys 54wrtg v8 router, I've tried every day last week to get the Port to show that it is open, used the Port Forward helper, read almost every link about how to get it going. I've read about changing the settings in uTorrent, called my ISP Bellsouth iE AT&T, been informed that I don't need the AT&T static IP. I am running xpsp2, my down avg is 1500kb, up is ~105kb. I've read that it doesn't matter really what the peers,seed numbers are for the up/down. I've tried the Open Office and recieved 150kb down. If I had hair I would have pulled it out. I would have sent a picture of the Speed test but i don't see an uploader button. I've tried different ports, currently 57242, max up is 92, max down 0(infinte), BiTorrent Global max 150, max per torrent 100, upload 4, use additional up <90% checked. dht not enabled, enable local peer discovery, enable ask tracker for scrape information, enable peer exchange, not enabled limit peer band with, outgoing protocol encryption enabled, enabled allow incoming legacy connections, Queueing max active torrents 6, max downloads 5, seed while ration is:<=150% or seeding time is: (Ignore), scheduler is not enabled. I currently am downloading at 5kbs and up 22.6 kbs, I have been online for almost 2 weeks, except for trying different tweaks that I read about.

I have a yellow no incomming light, I didn't know green was an option. I have read all the guide, Port Forwarding helper, FAQs. If i am missing something or have incorrectly entered this post Please Forgive Me, I'll let you have some of my Beard. On the Positive side I can send this message and download at the same time increasing marital harmony in my home.

Can you explain where to find the following setting in uToorrent?

Lowering net.max_halfopen and bt.connect_speed

because unless I'm totally blind and dumb it does exist in my version, I have been through all the settings in Preferences and cannot find them.

Archived