Change folders in Utorrents set up not working correctly

neil2jo

I have just bought an additional internal H/D and moved all my sharing files to this folder H:\downloads. I then changed all my settings in utorrent to reflect this a folder for each type, completed, new and torrents. What happened is utorrent started re downloading form new and placed all the old files back into c: downloads and any new torrents to H:\downloads.

So I deleted utorrent program and cleared the reg files of utorrent re installed and Utorrent remembered everything the ports and all the folder locations.

I am now having to download all the files I already have so as to offer them for seeding???

Anyone have freat ideas?

If you feel handy or have alot more than is preferred to "stop, right click, advanced, change download location", you can check out Ultima's Bencoded Files Editor... It includes "Find/Replace" which can change your "PATH\TO\OLD\LOCATION"->"H:\DOWNLOADS" rather easily :D

Please note however it is an advanced tool and it's rather difficult to answer generic questions, so if you have questions please try to make them specific about usage ;)

I am reading the said page. renaming appended files does not seem to be my problem, for example one folder contains 3 files, .rar and sfv x2. If the folder is in C:\downloads (the old folder) it works and seeds, if I move it to H:\downloads (new one) it does not see it and starts to re download and place it in the old c: folder. I have set up utorrent to my folders in H: and all NEW torrents work fine to these folders. PS all the files are complete, I am only trying to offer them for seeding

the last help on the page 'moving files to another location...' seems most relevant but this is what i am doing and it is not working?? PS help 3 on that page and section advance>set download location... is incorrect?? this is not the right sub folder??

If somehow I am reading the help in correctly could you spell it out for me, as I would appear to be a dim wit

I have gone with the right click method etc which seems to be working, thanks

Right. For the folders it only works for NEW torrents added. To change the download location of existing torrents, you need to chenge it manually via stop->right click -> advanced -> change download location, and CLICK on the file OR folder you've moved it to. The alternative with alot of files would be the BFE where you mass-change it with Find/Replace. Each torrent's information is stored under [ROOT] and the key you're looking at (text = value) is PATH.

I hope I explained it better that time. Please reply with other questions :)

Archived